G53Together in Greater Pollok
G53Together was established in March 2020 by Swamp Community Development Trust. We are a community led response to the impact of COVID-19 across Greater Pollok. G53Together aims to ensure a more coordinated delivery approach to the local services, by bringing organisations from the public, private and Third Sector together. We aimed to provide support to residents and respond quickly to the impact of the crisis.
Throughout 2020, the partnership of these organisations has developed, according to the needs of local residents by providing a variety of much needed support:
- Over 150 local activities delivered to children and young people, both online and outdoor activities in line with Government health guidance.
- Provided support to over three hundred families and individuals per week by supplying over 1,500 hot meals and over 4,500 emergency food packages.
- Helped over 900 families struggling with energy costs with financial support.
- Provided emergency assistance including supplying white goods and help with clothing or other essentials items.
- 140 digital devices where given to residents, including 70 Tablets with unlimited data sim cards with MiFi 4G units to get online access to some of the most vulnerable within the community.
- The G53Together helpline responders have recorded over 3000 caseloads. With the helpline continuing to operate, this number increases by the minute.
- 600 families have been supported to overcome financial difficulties and are now stable as a result of the support received. (Infographic of figures to be included)
The G53Together helpline has played an important role within the local community throughout COVID-19 and continues to be a key link to accessing the support listed above. The helpline is manned by volunteers who live locally and are passionate about supporting their community (more on some of our volunteers here).