Use this directory to find resources in and around the Greater Pollok Community. If you would like to be added to the directory please contact us.
Threehills is opening in early Summer 2021. We will be open Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm and some evenings (tbc)
The aims of the Threehills project are:
- To improve the affordability and accessibility of nutritious food for residents in Greater Pollok.
- To reduce pressure on residents who are struggling to pay bills and put food on the table, before the need for food banks or food parcels arises, and to provide a stepping stone towards food security for residents who have needed to use food banks or food parcels.
- To give dignity and choice in the provision of food in return for an affordable membership fee.
- To reduce loneliness and isolation by creating an on-site café and community room which is a warm and welcoming hub for local people.
The services that will be on offer are:
- A Community Café, open to everyone, delicious hot cooked meals as well as coffee and snacks.
- A social supermarket which is for Threehills members – membership is open to all. Members pay a fee and can choose from a wide range of high quality food, in a supermarket environment. In this way, the supermarket operates in a similar way to a food pantry.
- A Community Room where we offer a raft of additional on-site services including income maximisation, debt advice, budgeting support, employability support, and cookery sessions. While some of these services may be provided directly by Threehills, good partnership working will ensure that the use of existing community resources, particularly those of the wider G53 Together Network, is maximised through both signposting and the use of Threehills facilities by partners to offer their services, for example.